What To Do Before, During & After A Sauna
Weight loss, reduced pain, better sleep, clearer skin. There are so many fantastic benefits to using infrared saunas regularly. But what should you do before, during and after your sauna sessions to make your sessions more comfortable and to help boost those lovely benefits? Below are our recommendations for what to do before a sauna, what to do during a sauna and what to do after a sauna.
Found—Space has been supplying top quality saunas to Australians since 2008, making us Australia’s longest-running infrared sauna company. We don’t just see ourselves as a sauna company though. Because we know all about the health & wellbeing benefits of using infrared saunas we can’t help but make sure our clients make the most of their sauna - so we tailor usage guidelines for each of our clients based on them and their goals and also provide ongoing support. Here is what to do before a sauna, what to do during a sauna and what to do after a sauna:
What To Do Before A Sauna
- Turn it on (and set the desired temperature and time)
- Drink water
- Place a towel on the bench and floor of the sauna (and keep a clean towel handy to wipe excessive sweat from your body too)
- Have a hot shower/bath (this helps to promote further perspiration)
- Set up your favourite music or podcast through the Bluetooth connectivity
- Get excited! You’re about to enjoy a lovely sauna session and are one step further to achieving your health & well-being goals
What To Do During A Sauna
- Drink water
- Enhance your sauna experience with essential oils, colour therapy or the Found—Space Movable Pure Wave ceramic heaters to target specific areas of the body
- Sit back and relax! Ponder the meaning of life, what to have for dinner, how awesome you’ll feel after a great sleep. (we recommend going phone-free during sauna sessions too)
What To Do After A Sauna
- You guessed it, drink water
- Have a shower to cleanse the skin (hot tip: a cold shower will activate cold shock proteins which can aid weight loss)
- If you’re using your sauna post-workout - a sauna session can help you stretch more deeply
- Turn your sauna off and wipe away any sweat
- Feel good! (I know, we’ll have to twist your arm on this one)
Start Your Sauna Journey Today
Call 1800 045 268 to speak with us about the different saunas in our range and if you’d like to find out more about what to do before a sauna, what to do during a sauna and what to do after a sauna.
When you contact us, we won’t just try to sell you a sauna. We want to know about your health goals and challenges, so we can help you bridge the gap from where you are to where you want to be, and ensure you purchase the best model for your needs.
Book your no-obligation discovery call with one of our friendly Sauna Specialists to learn more about your options.