Tips And Tools For Managing Stress
Most of us will experience stress at some point, many of us regularly. Finding effective tools for managing stress is vital for both physical and mental wellbeing. Below we list our top stress management tools and techniques along with why infrared saunas are a great relaxation tool for stress management.
Found—Space has been supplying top-quality saunas to Australians since 2008, making us Australia’s longest-running infrared sauna company. We’re dedicated to improving the health & wellbeing of Australians and just love to see the difference our saunas can make to people’s lives. Our range of saunas have been meticulously crafted, are Australian electrically certified and come with cabinet, heater and electrical warranties. Here are our recommendations for stress management tools and techniques:
Stress Management Tools And Techniques
For overall health & wellbeing, it’s important to have effective relaxation tools for stress management that can calm both your mind and body. Here are 10 stress management tools and techniques that can help lower stress levels:
- Exercise regularly: Exercise is a very effective tool for managing stress. Moving your body helps to balance your nervous system and increase blood circulation, which can lower stress hormones and increase those feel-good endorphins.
- Maintain a healthy diet: When our bodies are fueled with healthy foods they function better, in turn enabling us to cope with stress better. Good nutrition makes a significant difference in how you respond to stress, especially as stress can be responsible for depleting certain vitamins, such as A, B complex, C and E.
- Limit alcohol and other stimulants: Alcohol, nicotine and caffeine can have negative impacts on both your body and your mind making it much harder to keep stress levels down.
- Connect with others: Sometimes people tend to isolate themselves if they are stressed, anxious or depressed. Talking to someone supportive can be helpful to put things into perspective, to feel heard and to know you’re not alone. Having a hug or a laugh is also a great tool for managing stress too!
- Do something that brings you joy: Take time out to do a hobby or something that brings you pleasure and joy. This helps to release those feel-good hormones and bring you out of the stressed state.
- Meditate: Mediation is a great relaxation tool for stress management. Meditation can help calm the mind and activate a state of restfulness that counterbalances your body’s fight-or-flight hormones.
- Improve your sleep: Sleep is important to keep both your mind and body running optimally. Lack of sleep can make you more susceptible to stress and can make it more difficult to cope with stressful situations.
- Cuddle a furry friend: Clinical studies show that spending time with a companion animal can drastically reduce anxiety.
- Practice deep breathing: Deep breathing is an effective stress management tool and technique. Deep breathing (or controlled breathing) can help to manage anxiety attacks and activate your parasympathetic nervous system which can calm the fight/flight response, bringing you into a state of calm.
What Makes Infrared Saunas Effective Tools For Managing Stress?
One reason that makes infrared saunas a great tool for managing stress is that they have been shown to activate the parasympathetic nervous system which as mentioned above, helps to calm and relax us. This can also help improve sleep which in turn, helps you to manage stress better.
The heat from infrared saunas also has a positive impact on the endocrine system. The endocrine system responds to the heat in a sauna by increasing the production of beta-endorphins, (responsible for the “pleasure” and “analgesic” effects of a sauna) and norepinephrine which is associated with improved mood, focused attention and raised heart rate).
The comforting warmth of saunas also helps us to relax and let go of tension. Many find their sauna sessions a great time to practice meditation. With our saunas having bluetooth connectivity you can put on some guided meditation or soothing music too.
Other stress management tools and techniques that can enhance your sauna experience are using colour therapy lighting and aromatherapy oils. Sauna sessions are also a great time to unplug and take a break from technology – less screen time, especially at night can improve our mood, and our sleep and gives us more opportunity to have a better quality connection with others.
Enquire About Our Infrared Saunas Today
You can also visit our Melbourne or Brisbane showroom to try our saunas with our FREE Found—Space Sauna Experience.